Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: RNO_03_21
We are currently looking to expand our Services Team based in Athens, Greece, with a Radio Network Optimisation Engineer. The qualified candidate will join our team that works on measuring, analysing and optimising the Radio Access Networks of the customers of Commsquare.
- Monitor, analyse and understand network performance by monitoring network KPIs on 2G/3G/4G
- Cluster performance optimisation including work on improving network ‘Worse Cell” lists, responsible for bad customer experience
- Improve performance by choosing correct parameters e.g. frequencies, scrambling codes, neighbour lists and by performing physical site optimisation (e.g. antenna tilts, azimuths, power)
- Analysis of drive tests
- RF design and planning tasks
- Investigate customer trouble tickets and VIP complaints.
- Special optimisation projects e.g. trains, tunnels, indoor design, border interference analysis
Basic qualifications and experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (a Master’s degree will be a plus)
- Understanding or RF principles in 2G/3G/4G and of antenna line components and typical BTS setups
- 3 years of proven experience in Mobile Radio Network Planning and/or Optimisation.
- Knowledge of Huawei RAN and OSS platforms (M2000, PRS).
- Fluency in English and Greek.
Favoured qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Nokia RAN and OSS platforms (counters and KPIs)
- Knowledge of 5GNR radio technology and network architecture
- Experience in Python and/or SQL programming
- Basic data analytics skills
- Experience with Atoll radio planning tool, Viavi Geolocation tool, Actix Analyser and/or NQDI
- Understanding of IP networks
- Fluency in Dutch or French
Desired Soft skills
- Be a team player with good communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, willing to take initiative and ownership, solution oriented with a “can” do attitude.
- Have good customer interfacing skills and writing skills
- A very competitive salary.
- Private insurance plan.
- 4 extra days off per year.
- 1 day per week remote work.
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development
How to apply
To respond to this position please send your CV to email@example.com referencing the position’s ref code (ref code: JL2BM_09_20) on the subject.
Only CVs in English will be considered.
Commsquare provides a comprehensive suite of data network monitoring and business analytics products and optimization services to mobile operators worldwide. Founded in 2001 and continuously growing since then, we maximise mobile data networks performance and improve end user experience through our technology excellence. Our offices are located in Belgium (headquarters) and Athens, Greece. For more information, please visit www.commsquare.com.