ADDRESSING THE MONITORING AND OPTIMISATION NEEDS OF MOBILE DATA NETWORKS
Mobile data networks complexity is continuously increasing. Maintaining their healthy operation and ensuring their efficient performance has always been a major challenge for mobile operators. Today this is true more than ever due to the adoption of new technological advancements and the introduction of advanced data services targeted to end users. Mobile Operators have to be able to monitor mobile data networks in real time – at all times – and be able to quickly detect network problems that may arise. They should also be aware of how data services perform and monitor usage behaviour of their subscribers in order to maintain an optimal mobile network operation and offer excellent user experience.
Mobile data network monitoring in real time
DataMon, our passive signalling monitoring solution for 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G networks, provides unique real-time monitoring, measurement and analysis capabilities. DataMon can quickly identify network incidents and assure network performance excellence. Typically used by the mobile operator’s Engineering, Customer Service, Operations and Revenue Assurance teams, DataMon provides valuable insights to diverse business users.
- 24×7 real-time troubleshooting & analytics
- Overview and detailed insights on the network’s performance
- Intuitive web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Real-time and event-based or scheduled exports to 3rd party datalakes
- Customisations to fit the operator’s needs
- Using cutting edge technologies and frameworks: C++, Python, column-based databases, Kafka streaming and Spark
- Low cost of ownership: low hardware agnostic footprint plus using the operator’s private cloud
- Troubleshooting capabilities with full control plane protocol and interface analysis
- Real-time processing and correlation of captured control and user plane traffic
- Insights in real-time traffic and past sessions
- Filter control plane traffic using signalling type or Information Elements (IEs) e.g., “Rejected” sessions, protocol causes, network elements, etc.
- Drill-down to the contents of the protocol messages for root cause analysis
- Export protocol messages for offline post processing e.g., using Wireshark
- Proactive monitoring with near real-time KPIs: 1-minute to months or years
- Drill-down on KPIs using various dimensions like: Cause breakdown, Network Elements, Roaming, Home/Serving Operator/Country
- Deep packet Inspection for user plane traffic
- Threshold alarming for all available KPIs
- SNMP traps for feeding 3rd party application e.g., NOC, OMC, etc..
- Anomaly detection, dynamic alarming and email/SMS notifications usage. Identify business trends.
- DataMon is used by various teams with different needs
- Engineering for deep troubleshooting
- Data Analysts for trending analytics
- Operations for monitoring the network’s health
- Customer Care for subscriber’ behaviour
- Revenue Assurance
Easy and fast to deploy
DataMon is a plug and play solution, with low HW footprint, easy to maintain and scale to address increasing needs
Easy to integrate
Flexible integration with the operator's business systems such as Big Data or Revenue Assurance applications
Real time powered
Virtually no delay between network incident occurrence and user interface visualisation
Ensure information accuracy
Capturing and processing of all user traffic; no sampling
Beneficial for many teams
From Marketing to Operations, DataMon can provide insights to meet the needs of diverse business teams