Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: IPE_03_23
We are looking for an IP Network engineer to join the Services team of Commsquare. The qualified candidate will work on the performance evaluation, analysis and troubleshooting of Mobile and Fixed Telecommunication Networks, having a broad, e2e view on both the Telecoms and IP Networking aspects, with a clear focus on the latter.
- Be an expert member of our telecoms engineering team, working on system-level assessment of the performance of the end-to-end IP bitpipe as implemented over mobile radio access networks.
- Lead the IP aspect of our deep-dive projects, by performing combined network trace analysis to recognise bottlenecks and identify their root-causes. Propose corrective actions to troubleshoot, tune and optimize suboptimal performance.
- Using as input data collected during our Drive Testing project but also obtained through our products, DAP and DataMon, in a cross-functional role between our Service and Product departments.
- Participate as well in the analysis of all radio access technologies (2G, 3G, 4G and 5G).
- Drive the evolution of our internal platforms for combined IP analyses.
- Prepare and present technical reports to the customers; review and provide feedback on reports written by colleagues
- Function as an expert, providing expertise, guidance, and on-the-job training to other team members for knowledge transfer.
Basic qualifications and experience
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering or Telecoms Engineering or Computer Science
- At least two (2) years’ experience in IP networks. preferably in a Telecommunication Services provider
- Strong knowledge and working experience in TCP/IP algorithms, IP networking, routing and switching protocols e.g., BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- Hands-on network log Analysis troubleshooting experience using Wireshark and Tshark
- Network certifications (CCNA CCNP, or equivalent)
- Strong statistical background.
- Working proficiency in Linux, Windows & MS Office
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English (spoken & written)
- Be a team player with good communication skills
- Be self-motivated, willing to take initiative and ownership, solution oriented with a ‘can do’ attitude
Favoured qualifications and experience
- Experience in network management and network monitoring tools
- Architecture design of LAN/WAN and VoIP networks
- Familiarity with SDN technologies and principles (e.g. SD-WAN, SDDC)
- Understanding of Mobile Radio technologies and protocols.
- Expertise in database scripting (preferably MS SQL)
- Experience in Python programming
- Basic data science skills
- Fluency in Dutch or French.
- A very competitive salary.
- Private insurance plan.
- 4 extra days off per year.
- 3 days per week remote work.
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development
How to apply
To respond to this position please send your CV to email@example.com referencing the position’s ref code (ref code: IPE_04_23) on the subject. Only CVs in English will be considered.
Commsquare provides a comprehensive suite of data network monitoring and business analytics products and optimization services to mobile operators worldwide. Founded in 2001 and continuously growing since then, we maximise mobile data networks performance and improve end user experience through our technology excellence. Our offices are located in Belgium (headquarters) and Athens, Greece. For more information, please visit www.commsquare.com.