Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: ΑSE04_20
Commsquare is currently looking to expand their software development team based in Athens, Greece with a Senior level Analytics Software Engineer. The qualified candidate will report to the Director of Software Engineering and contribute to the development of a Telecom Analytics platform
- Participate in the software design and implementation of Commsquare’s Telecom Analytics platform, developing & testing modular, reusable, efficient and scalable code.
- Use, customise and deploy open-source software development tools.
- Document software design and functionality.
- Develop and plan quality assurance tests.
- Follow agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum and Extreme programming -XP), object-oriented programming principles and test-driven development
Basic qualifications and experience
- BScdegree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- Experience of at least 5 years in Python development.
- Strong understanding and experience in distributed computing frameworks, particularly Apache Spark (Spark SQL / streaming)and associated technologies, e.g.: Hadoop.
- Experience working ina Linux environment, including knowledge of shell/Python scripting for automating common tasks.
- Be a team player with a “can” do attitude focusing on delivery.
- Be self-motivated and willing to take initiative and ownership.
- Fluency in English and Greek
Favoured qualifications and experience
- MSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Experience in relational databases and SQL.
- Experience in distributed and low latency (streaming) application architecture
- A very competitive salary.
- Private insurance plan.
- 4 extra days off per year.
- 1 day per week remote work.
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development
How to apply
To respond to this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position’s ref code (ASE04_20) on the subject. Only CVs in English will be considered.
Commsquare provides a comprehensive suite of data network monitoring and business analytics products and optimization services to mobile operators worldwide. Founded in 2001 and continuously growing since then, we maximise mobile data networks performance and improve end user experience through our technology excellence. Our offices are located in Belgium (headquarters) and Athens, Greece. For more information, please visit www.commsquare.com.