Location: Mechelen, Belgium
Ref Code: TTE_01_21
We are currently looking to expand our Services Team based in Mechelen, Belgium, with a Telecom Tester Engineer.
This role will involve the following tasks and responsibilities amongst others:
- Testing the performance and inter-operability of network elements and platforms in environment of a telecom operator
- Executing test protocols in the scope of the certification projects for mobile phones and other telecom devices
- Troubleshooting in both the testbed and the live network
- Reporting on the above activities and interaction with various stakeholders and project leaders
Desired qualifications and experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (a Master’s degree will be a plus)
- Excellent understanding of IP networks and practical knowledge of protocols: REST, SOAP, IP, TR069, SIP, SNMP
- Working experience with testing in telecom laboratory/testbed environment
- Wireshark for packet tracing and log interpretation
- Proficiency in Linux
- Working experience with Jira, Confluence
- Working experience with scrum and agile methodologies
- Working experience with ticketing systems
- Fluency in English
Desired Soft skills
The candidate should also have:
- Self-motivation and self-organisation, with sense of ownership
- Hands-on approach, pro-active and results driven
- A “can” do attitude and take initiatives
- Focus on delivery; with sense of urgency
- A team player with excellent interfacing skills
Favoured qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Docsis
- Working experience with user provisioning systems
- Fluency in Dutch or French
- Experience with Rhode & Schwarz testing tools
You will work either from the Commsquare offices in Mechelen, Belgium or at the customer’s premises, depending on work necessities. Your role might involve travel and work abroad from time to time.
- A very competitive salary.
- Private insurance plan.
- 4 extra days off per year.
- 2 days per week remote work.
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development.
How to apply
Commsquare provides a comprehensive suite of data network monitoring and business analytics products and optimization services to mobile operators worldwide.
Founded in 2001 and continuously growing since then, we maximize mobile data networks performance and improve end user experience through our technology excellence.
Our offices are located in Athens, Greece and Belgium (headquarters).
For more information, please visit www.commsquare.com .