Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: RNE_08_2
Commsquare is looking to expand their radio team based in Athens, with a Radio Network Engineer. The team delivers drive test analysis, radio planning, optimisation, site acceptance, ticket analysis, feature validation, parameter tuning.
- Monitor, analyse and understand network performance via network KPIs on 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G.
- Optimise network performance: choose correct parameters (e.g. frequencies, scrambling codes, neighbour lists); implement innovative techniques and automated rules (e.g. SON).
- Cluster and site acceptance; physical site optimisation (e.g. antenna tilts, azimuths, power).
- Analysis of drive tests.
- Investigate customer trouble tickets and VIP complaints.
Basic qualifications and experience
- BSc degree in Electrical and/or Telecom Engineering.
- 5 years of proven experience in Mobile Radio Network Planning and Optimisation.
- Knowledge of Huawei RAN Hardware, configurations, parameters and platforms (U2020, PRS).
- Understanding or RF principles, antenna line components and typical BTS setups in 2G/3G/4G/5G
- Experience with Swissqual drive test and analysis tool, NQDI
- Be a team player with good communication skills.
- Be self-motivated, willing to take initiative and ownership, solution oriented with a “can” do attitude.
- Fluency in English and Greek.
Favoured qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of Ericsson and/or Nokia RAN hardware, configurations, parameters and platforms.
- Familiar with: Asset radio planning tool; SON solutions on Huawei, Ericsson and/or Nokia RAN
- SW skills: Python, R or Java; database development and SQL; data analytics; Tableau or similar visualisation tools
- Working knowledge of networking protocols analysis (e.g. TCP/IP).
- Language: knowledge of Dutch or French.
- A very competitive salary.
- Private insurance plan.
- 4 extra days off per year.
- 1 day per week remote work.
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development
How to apply
To respond to this position please send your CV to email@example.com referencing the position’s ref code (ref code: RNO_05_19) on the subject. Only CVs in English will be considered.
Commsquare provides a comprehensive suite of data network monitoring and business analytics products and optimization services to mobile operators worldwide. Founded in 2001 and continuously growing since then, we maximise mobile data networks performance and improve end user experience through our technology excellence. Our offices are located in Belgium (headquarters) and Athens, Greece. For more information, please visit www.commsquare.com.