Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: PSE05_19
Commsquare is currently looking to expand their software development team based in Athens, Greece with a Mid-Senior level Python Software Engineer. The qualified candidate will report to the Director of Software Engineering and contribute to the development of Commsquare’s Telecom Data Analytics platform. The Data Analytics platform is based on technologies such as Python, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka and Python Django.
- Participate in the software design and implementation of Commsquare’s Telecom Data Analytics platform, developing & testing modular, reusable, efficient and scalable code.
- Use, customise and deploy open-source software development tools.
- Document software design and functionality.
- Develop and plan quality assurance tests.
- Follow agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum and Extreme programming – XP), object-oriented programming principles and test-driven development.
Basic qualifications and experience
- BSc degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- Experience of at least 3 years in Python development.
- Strong understanding and experience in distributed computing frameworks, particularly Apache Spark (Spark SQL / streaming) and associated technologies, e.g.: Hadoop.
- Experience working in a Linux environment, including knowledge of shell/Python scripting for automating common tasks.
- Be a team player with a “can” do attitude focusing on delivery.
- Be self-motivated and willing to take initiative and ownership.
- Fluency in English and Greek.
Favoured qualifications and experience
- MSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Experience in Django framework.
- Experience in relational databases and SQL.
- Experience in distributed and low latency (streaming) application architecture.
- A very competitive salary.
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development
How to apply
To respond to this position please send your CV to email@example.com referencing the position’s ref code (PSE05_19) on the subject. Only CVs in English will be considered.
Commsquare provides a comprehensive suite of data network monitoring and business analytics products and optimization services to mobile operators worldwide. Founded in 2001 and continuously growing since then, we maximise mobile data networks performance and improve end user experience through our technology excellence. Our offices are located in Belgium (headquarters) and Athens, Greece. For more information, please visit www.commsquare.com.