Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: LSE02_19
Commsquare is currently looking to expand their software development team based in Athens, with a Linux Software Engineer.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of our Distributed Active Probing tool (DAP). DAP provides real-time network & services monitoring, measuring the performance of Mobile, Wi-Fi and Fixed-line networks from an end-user perspective and helping operators identify network issues..
- Study, analyse and understand software specifications.
- Perform research and investigation of new hardware and network technologies: e.g. embedded boards, modems, IoT modules.
- Write readable, testable and efficient code in C++.
- Integrate modules in the existing product.
- Customise, deploy and use open source software development tools.
- Document software design and functionality.
- Follow agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum and Extreme programming – XP), object-oriented programming principles and test-driven development.
Basic qualifications and experience
- BSc degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- 3 years of experience in C/C++ programming in Linux.
- High focus on software and product quality.
- Be a team player with a “can” do attitude focusing on delivery.
- Be self-motivated and willing to take initiative and ownership.
- Fluency in English and Greek.
Favoured qualifications and experience
- Experience on multiplatform development with Qt framework
- Knowledge on smartphone application development (Android or iOS)
- Familiarity with IoT technologies (i.e. Arduino, LoRA, LTE-M1, NB-IoT)
- Experience or interest in networking protocols
- A very competitive salary.
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development.
How to apply
To respond to this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position’s ref code (ref code: LSE02_19) on the subject. Only CVs in English will be considered.
Commsquare provides a comprehensive suite of data network monitoring and business analytics products and optimization services to mobile operators worldwide. Founded in 2001 and continuously growing since then, we maximise mobile data networks performance and improve end user experience through our technology excellence. Since December 2016, we have joined the Systemics Group, a global leader in network quality monitoring. Our offices are located in Belgium (headquarters) and Athens, Greece. For more information, please visit www.commsquare.com.