Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: LISE06_20
Commsquare is currently looking to expand their product development team based in Athens, Greece with a Linux IT Support Engineer. The qualified candidate will report to the Product Operations Director and Support Team Leader.
- Perform onsite installations of servers and network equipment.
- Perform remote Linux OS and SW installations.
- Own and manage product related support tickets.
- Execute investigations, reproduce reported incidents/tickets, and provide detailed and thoughtful solutions.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and product related processes.
- Document troubleshooting techniques, identifying troublesome areas and provide alternative methods, enhance support tools, and help in growing the organizational knowledge.
Basic qualifications and experience
- BSc degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- At least 3 years of working experience in IT or product support.
- At least 5 year of expertise in Linux systems and bash scripting.
- Experience in administration of bare-metal servers, network equipment and virtual environments.
- Excellent knowledge of networking – TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT/PAT, VLANs
- Have good customer interfacing skills and writing skills.
- Experience or interest in telecommunications (systems and protocols).
- Be a team player with a “can” do attitude focusing on delivery.
- Be self-motivated and willing to take initiative and ownership.
- Fluency in English and Greek.
- A very competitive salary.
- Private insurance plan.
- 4 extra days off per year.
- 1 day per week remote work.
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development.
How to apply
To respond to this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position’s ref code (LISE06_20) on the subject. Only CVs in English will be considered.
Commsquare provides a comprehensive suite of data network monitoring and business analytics products and optimization services to mobile operators worldwide. Founded in 2001 and continuously growing since then, we maximise mobile data networks performance and improve end user experience through our technology excellence. Our offices are located in Belgium (headquarters) and Athens, Greece. For more information, please visit www.commsquare.com.