Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: L3BM_01_19
Commsquare is currently looking to expand their Services team based in Athens, Greece with a Radio Network Optimisation Engineer.
The qualified candidate will report to the Technical Director and will work as a Level 3 engineer in the Benchmarking team. The role concerns leading benchmarking projects, performing technical investigations and writing engineering recommendations. The role will from time to time involve traveling and working abroad for short periods.
- Perform engineering analyses and investigations on problematic voice & data performance
- Prepare reports with the results of the benchmarking campaigns to be submitted to the customer
- Make, together with other members of the team, in-depth analysis of performance issues encountered and write recommendations at system engineering level on how to improve network performance
- Lead benchmarking projects: coordination and planning of the necessary resources and liaising with customer.
- Provide internal and external technical presentations and workshops
- Participate in the management and maintenance of SwissQual measurement equipment: end-to-end testing of new releases and features and equipment; results validation.
- Participate in the internal R&D tracks for introducing new methods of analysis and new KPIs and for increasing the engineering added value of benchmarking
Basic qualifications and experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (MSc will be a plus)
- 5+ years of working experience in mobile telecoms in roles such as radio optimization, drive test analysis, system engineering and trouble shooting
- In-depth and hands-on understanding of all mobile technologies (2G, 3G, LTE)
- Proven working experience with SwissQual drive testing and post-processing tools.
- Working proficiency in English.
- Be a team player
- Be self-motivated and willing to take initiative and ownership
- Be hands-on, with a “can” do attitude, focus on delivery, pro-active and results driven
- Have good customer interfacing skills and writing skills
Favoured qualifications and experience
- Proven experience in SQL and databases
- Understanding of IP protocols and their impact on mobile data performance
- Experience with typical engineering tools other than SwissQual e.g. TEMS or Nemo
- experience in programming
- Project coordination skills
- fluency in Dutch or French
- A very competitive salary
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development.
How to apply
Commsquare is a leader in mobile and wireless technology addressing mobile operators worldwide. We employ around 60 engineers who are specialized in mobile data performance, radio network optimization and software development.
We have offices in Belgium (HQ) and Athens, Greece.
Commsquare combines its areas of expertise in radio access networks, IP networking & software development to provide expert technology services and products to the mobile operators.
Commsquare is part of the Systemics Group of companies.