Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: JWD06-17
Commsquare is currently looking to expand the development team based in Athens, Greece with a Java Web Developer. The right candidate will be an experienced Java developer with an enthusiasm for working in an agile team that takes customer problems and delivers effective solutions timely. The position is based in Athens but will work in close co-operation with their colleagues at other sites to form an effective virtual team.
- Study, analyse and understand software specifications and requirements.
- Develop Java-based Web applications.
- Implement or maintain REST APIs.
- Integrate modules in the existing product.
- Document software design and functionality.
- Develop and plan quality assurance tests.
- Follow agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum and Extreme Programming – XP), object-oriented programming principles and test-driven development.
Basic qualifications and experience
- Degree in Computer Science (BSc, MSc, PhD) with at least three years of Web development experience using Java in a commercial environment.
- Web UI design and development in Java using GWT framework, preferably SmartGWT.
- Web server development in Java using Spring and/or Grails with Hibernate.
- Using Java multi-threading and concurrency for speed.
- RDBMS and Hibernate – preferably Postgres and/or Oracle.
- Gradle for builds and dependency management.
- High focus on software and product quality.
- Be a team player with a “can” do attitude focusing on delivery.
- Be self-motivated and willing to take initiative and ownership.
- Fluency in English and Greek.
Favoured qualifications and experience
- Knowledge of BigData systems such as Apache Spark and HDFS.
- Fine-tuning and optimisation experience
- A very competitive salary
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development.
How to apply
Commsquare provides a comprehensive suite of data network monitoring and business analytics products and optimization services to mobile operators worldwide. Founded in 2001 and continuously growing since then, we maximise mobile data networks performance and improve end user experience through our technology excellence. Since December 2016, we have joined the Systemics Group, a global leader in network quality monitoring. Our offices are located in Belgium (headquarters) and Athens, Greece. For more information, please visit www.commsquare.com.