Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: JL2BM_03_17
We are currently looking to expand our Benchmarking Team based in Athens, Greece, with a Junior Radio Network Optimisation Engineer. In this role, you will become a proficient mobile network optimization engineer in the analysis of mobile voice and data performance; and you’ll learn about benchmarking methodologies and equipment.
This role will expose you to all mobile technologies (2G, 3G, LTE); voice and data analyses; radio and IP investigations. Your role will involve the following tasks and responsibilities amongst others:
- Technical support to different project leaders by managing network measurement equipment, as well as measurement data analysis and reporting
- Keeping all SwissQual and Nemo measurement equipment operational, performing upgrades, configuring the equipment for measurement campaigns.
- Import and validation of measurement data in the relevant tools
- Standardized analyses of problematic call & data performance (e.g. failure & drop classification)
- Standard reports with the results of the benchmarking campaigns which will be submitted to the customer
- Perform end-to-end measurements to test new releases, new features, new equipment; validate results; train measurement supervisor & technicians; etc.
You will typically work at the Commsquare offices. However, you might sometimes work at the customer’s premises; and your role might involve travel and work abroad from time to time.
We expect you will work at least 3 years full-time in this role. After that, it should be possible to get involved in other projects, such as end-to-end data audits; and growing in the role towards end to end project lead of benchmarking projects for mobile operators.
The initial 3 months will be a training period, which will include:
- on-the job training: colleagues with higher experience will be assigned to provide the necessary coaching
- participation in Commsquare internal training courses and workshops
Basic qualifications and experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (a Master’s degree will be a plus)
- working proficiency in Windows
- fluency in English and Greek
- experience or interest in telecommunications (systems and protocols)
The candidate should also be:
- self-motivated and willing to take initiative, with sense of ownership on what he does
- hands-on when and where necessary, pro-active and results driven
- have good customer interfacing skills and writing skills
- exhibit a “can” do attitude with focus on delivery, having sense of urgency
- a team player
Favoured qualifications and experience
- experience in SQL
- experience in programming
- understanding of IP networks
- fluency in Dutch or French
- A very competitive salary
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development.
How to apply
Commsquare is a leader in mobile and wireless technology addressing mobile operators worldwide. We employ around 60 engineers who are specialized in mobile data performance, radio network optimization and software development.
We have offices in Belgium (HQ) and Athens, Greece.
Commsquare combines its areas of expertise in radio access networks, IP networking & software development to provide expert technology services and products to the mobile operators.
Commsquare is part of the Systemics Group of companies.