Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: ΑSE04_18
Commsquare is currently looking to expand the development team based in Athens, Greece with a Analytics Software Engineer. The qualified candidate will report to the Director of Software Engineering and will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of our new Business analytics platform.
- Design platforms to complex data problems, developing & testing modular, reusable, efficient and scalable code to implement those platforms.
- Customise, deploy and use open source software development tools.
- Document software design and functionality.
- Develop and plan quality assurance tests.
- Follow agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum and Extreme programming – XP), object-oriented programming principles and test-driven development.
Basic qualifications and experience
- BSc degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Expert-level proficiency in Python. Scala knowledge is a strong advantage.
- Strong understanding and experience in distributed computing frameworks, particularly Apache Spark (Spark SQL / streaming) and associated technologies (e.g.: Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.).
- Experience working within a Linux computing environment, and use of command line tools including knowledge of shell/Python scripting for automating common tasks.
- Be a team player with a “can” do attitude focusing on delivery.
- Be self-motivated and willing to take initiative and ownership.
- Fluency in English and Greek.
Favoured qualifications and experience
- Experience in relational databases and SQL.
- Distributed and low latency (streaming) application architecture.
- A very competitive salary.
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development.
How to apply
Commsquare provides a comprehensive suite of data network monitoring and business analytics products and optimization services to mobile operators worldwide. Founded in 2001 and continuously growing since then, we maximise mobile data networks performance and improve end user experience through our technology excellence. Since December 2016, we have joined the Systemics Group, a global leader in network quality monitoring. Our offices are located in Belgium (headquarters) and Athens, Greece. For more information, please visit www.commsquare.com.