Location: Athens, Greece
Ref Code: ΑSE_04_19
Commsquare is currently looking to expand their software development team based in Athens, Greece with an Analytics Software Engineer. The qualified candidate will report to the Director of Software Engineering and contribute to the development of a Telecom Analytics platform.
- Participate in the software design and implementation of Commsquare’s Telecom Analytics platform, developing & testing modular, reusable, efficient and scalable code.
- Use, customise and deploy open-source software development tools.
- Document software design and functionality.
- Develop and plan quality assurance tests.
- Follow agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum and Extreme programming – XP), object-oriented programming principles and test-driven development.
Basic qualifications and experience
- BSc degree in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Experience of at least 3 years in Python development.
- Strong understanding and experience in distributed computing frameworks, particularly Apache Spark (Spark SQL / streaming) and associated technologies (e.g.: Hadoop, MapReduce, etc.).
- Experience working in a Linux environment, including knowledge of shell/Python scripting for automating common tasks.
- Be a team player with a “can” do attitude focusing on delivery.
- Be self-motivated and willing to take initiative and ownership.
- Fluency in English and Greek.
Favoured qualifications and experience
- Experience in relational databases and SQL.
- Experience in distributed and low latency (streaming) application architecture.
- A very competitive salary.
- Great contact to leading mobile technologies.
- A fresh and “fun to work” environment.
- Exposure to international markets.
- Great opportunities for both personal and professional development.
How to apply
Commsquare provides a comprehensive suite of data network monitoring and business analytics products and optimization services to mobile operators worldwide. Founded in 2001 and continuously growing since then, we maximise mobile data networks performance and improve end user experience through our technology excellence. Our offices are located in Belgium (headquarters) and Athens, Greece. For more information, please visit www.commsquare.com.